Puzzle is a visually oriented theme, great for photographers and artists who want to tell stories using their images.
More Info Getting Started
Documentation for WordPress.com is available here. Customizer Settings
Puzzle has 2 settings in the Customizer. The first changes the homepage and archive page layouts, the second disables the 'recent posts' section that displays underneath blog posts.
set a featured image for each blog post.
Puzzle will try to find images to display as thumbnails for each post, however it's not always accurate. The best way to make sure there is a post thumbnail, and that the post thumbnail is the one you want, is to
The available homepage layouts are listed below. Different layouts are suitable for different types of content, and allow different amounts of content to appear at a glance.
The order can be confusing, but in general blog posts display from left to right, and then fill the next highest available position that they fit in.
Puzzle has 2 optional sidebars. They will only display if they contain widgets.
The bottom sidebar is on all pages and displays in the footer. The sidebar widgtes display in the right hand sidebar on all blog posts and pages - apart from those using the Full Width template.
Puzzle has 3
Custom Page Templates. These can be used as different layouts for your websites pages, or as a Custom Front Page.
Full Width - this lets you display your page content full width, with no sidebar.
Contributors - this page displays a list of all the people who have published content on your blog.
Projects - this page displays a list of all the projects you have published. Standard Features
- Show off your Portfolio of work. Portfolio and Projects
- Add a logo to make your site your own. Site Logo
- Continuously loading content to encourage your readers to stick around. Infinite Scroll
- Display links to your social media channels. Social Menu
- Display comments from your users/ customers showing how much your product/ service benefits them. Testimonials
- Sell things on your site with WooCommerce. WooCommerce
- Search Engine Optimization to improve your sites rankings. SEO
- Change the design of your front page to make it exactly as you want. Custom Front Page
- Tweak the fonts and colours on your site without touching any code. Custom Colours and Fonts
- Resizes all of your images to fit the thumbnails used. Image Resizing (Photon)
- Edit the CSS on your website. Custom CSS
- Add a simple contact form to your website or blog. Contact Form
- Image thumbnails for your blog posts and pages. Featured Images
- View your theme in your native language. Localization
- Display content, related to the current blog post, to give your readers something to look at next. Related Content
- Display social buttons that encourage readers to share your content. Social Sharing Buttons
- Different page layouts for static WordPress pages. Custom Page Templates
- Edit site settings and get a live preview of the changes. Customizer
- Show and hide widgets on different pages according to rules you set Widget Visibility
- Demo content to help you get started with your theme. Theme Demo Content Puzzle has the following translations included:
Irish, Japanese, Romanian
2.0 - 29th October
Bump the version number to avoid an unfortunate compilation error that was causing issues with an incorrect version. Confusing but this is a simple fix for it.
Add support for WooCommerce for all sites (including .com).
Improve WooCommerce styles on archive pages.
Disable Infinite Scroll on WooCommerce archives.
1.12 - 22nd September 2017
Fix CSS bug with images displaying incorrectly on mobile versions of Safari.
1.11 - 13th September 2017
Fix issue with projects custom template pagination when the page is used on the homepage. Actually will fix the issue for all custom pages, but projects was worst affected.
1.10 - 18th August 2017
Add option to display project terms on portfolio and projects archive pages. This defaults to off so as not to change existing users sites unexpectedly.
Escape more stuff
1.9.2 - 17th July 2017
Enable Jetpack portfolio support by default. The theme was designed as a portfolio and includes a portfolio template so having this enabled allows users to get setup more quickly.
Remove include for inc/wpcom.php, since it's automatically included by WordPress.com sites
1.9.1 - 3rd July 2017
Fix PHP error happening due to WooCommerce integration.
1.9 - 18th June 2017
Add support for WooCommerce.
1.8 - 25th May 2017
Add support for Jetpack content options
Improve customizer experience - add live updating components
Make custom header colours work properly
Add live updating for homepage layout in customizer
1.7.2 - 24th May 2017
Improve social widgets responsiveness when in widgets
Improve post title sizes on mobile devices
Make WordPress custom logo work, replacing Jetpack site logo (self hosted only)
Make sticky post styles look better on mobile devices
1.7.1 - 29th November 2016
Fix links in testimonials.
1.7 - 28th July 2016
Fix small issue with image attachment template
Stop small content jump when page first loads
add_theme_support(title-tag) for improved title tag support
fix a bug in infinite scroll that occurs on self hosted sites when the site has footer widgets enabled
Improve coding standards
Add social link icons usable in menus with the addition of the icon class
Move skip to content link outside of container
Make container relative for easier css position modifications
tidy some codes and add some sanitisation to strings
link to https version of prothemedesign.com
Fix some bugs in Jetpack Testimonials
Fix undefined variable errors related to Testimonials
Improve Masonry code to add some nice transitions
Improve widget styles
Add new custom page layout that displays Jetpack projects. Can be used as a homepage template
Spring clean the code - including adding Jetpack responsive video support, updating masonry and improving text domain support
add another page layout
make logo size proportional so that other ratios will work
Tweak archive font sizes so that longer titles will fit in the smaller boxes
Add some new archive page layout options
Add Jetpack site logo support
Tweak featured image sizes so they always look nice
Improve touch screen usage so that titles are always visible on mobile devices
Add support for Jetpack Testimonials to homepage
Improve dropdown menu code, including support on mobile devices
Add option for 'latest posts' on single posts to be hidden
Please note: Unfortunately we are unable to offer support or help with theme customizations. For more info on Customization services please go to our Theme Customization page.
Close Recommendation Overlay
Get a personalised WordPress theme recommendation
Having trouble finding the right WordPress theme for your website? We offer a free, no obligation, WordPress theme recommendation service.
Close Feedback Panel
We'd love to get some feedback to help us create better themes.
Close Search Form
Search Pro Theme Design...