Exhibit is the perfect template for businesses, big and small, to exhibit their work. Acting as both a portfolio and a blog Exhibit allows you to easily show off your projects.
Documentation for WordPress.com is available here.
The Exhibit theme demo uses a Custom Front Page to display the projects and testimonials on the homepage. To duplicate this you should:
- Create a new page and assign the Projects template to it (using a Custom Page Template).
- Assign the newly created page as a Custom Front Page.
Exhibit also makes extensive use of the Projects and Porfolio functionality in the Jetpack plugin.
Exhibit has 2 optional sidebars. They will only display if they contain widgets.
- Sidebar Widgets - this displays on the right hand side on single blog posts and pages.
Exhibit has 3 Custom Page Templates. These can be used as different layouts for your websites pages, or as a Custom Front Page.
- Full Width - this lets you display your page content full width, with no sidebar.
- Contributors - this page displays a list of all the people who have published content on your blog.
- Projects - this page displays a list of all the projects you have published.
Exhibit has the following translations included:
French, Lithuanian, Norwegian, Romanian, Spanish, Swedish
2.6.1 - 15th June 2018
- Fix portfolio archive infinite scroll display so that it's consistent.
- center portfolio photos in archives when they are too small.
2.6 - 25th May 2018
- Fix display of the cookie consent checkbox in the comments form.
2.5.2 - 27th April 2018
- Tweak the content_width to be more accurate.
2.5.1 - 21st April 2018
- Add class to single post featured image so that it can be targeted with css.
- Update auto prefixed styles
- Tidy codes
2.5 - 31st October 2017
- WooCommerce for all (.com and .org).
- Disable infinite-scroll on WooCommerce archive pages.
2.4.1 - 13th July 2017
- Remove include for inc/wpcom.php, since it's automatically included by WordPress.com sites
2.4 - 3rd July 2017
- Add support for WooCommerce.
2.3.3 - 13th April 2017
- Fix a bug with testimonials not being laid out properly due to Masonry not enqueuing.
2.3.2 - 12th April 2017
- Add CSS classes to html so that different elements are more easily targeted with CSS.
- Improve masonry behaviour of testimonials.
2.3.1 - 11th April 2017
- Make featured image on single project page centered.
2.3 - 24th February 2017
- Make Jetpack infinite scroll load testimonials properly
- Improve social media widget responsive behaviour
- Improve coding standards
- Escape some more properties for added security
- Make testimonials archive display content in traditional archive order (rather than randomly) so that Jetpack infinite scroll works properly
2.2 - 29th January 2017
- Make the project terms list on projects and portfolio pages highlight the term you are currently viewing.
2.1.3 - 14th December 2016
- Fix link colour on testimonials so that they are readable once more.
2.1.2 - 15th October 2016
- remove css box shadow prefixes
2.1.1 - 17th July 2016
2.1 - 28th June 2016
- Add option to change 'view all projects' button text in the Customizer. Allows users to make the projects title and button match.
- You can also now hide the 'view all projects' button by removing the default text
- Various minor site style improvements
- Fix issue with image attachment template
- Tweak header size so that it fits a bit better on shorter screens
- Add social link icons usable in menus with the addition of the icon class
- Improve coding standards
- Make 404 template consistent
- More minor css tweaks and improvements
- Bump version to avoid clashes with wp.org theme
- Improve css
- Add support for Behance to social links menu
- Ensure bold fonts work with custom fonts
- make sure margins work when custom page is set as homepage
- add comments to full width template
- standardize comments include on contributors template
- improve responsive styles on projects template intro
Please note: Unfortunately we are unable to offer support or help with theme customizations. For more info on Customization services please go to our Theme Customization page.
We'd love to get some feedback to help us create better themes.