Chronicle is a powerful, flexible magazine WordPress template with huge customization potential. Three widget areas, featured posts and a huge homepage slider are make this the magazine WordPress theme you’ve been waiting for.
More Info Getting Started
Documentation for WordPress.com is available here. Homepage Layout
Homepage Slider The slider is controlled via a property set in the Customizer. Blog posts require Featured Images to display here. A maximum of 6 posts at a time will display in the slider.
Featured Content The 4 Featured Posts are controlled with Featured Content functionality.
Featured Categories The categories used in the third column are controlled with the Customizer. Blog posts require Featured Images to display here. Blog posts will only be shown once in the featured categories column. Some categories may not display. This will be because either there are no posts in the category, the posts in the category do not have featured images, or the posts in the category have been displayed in a different category already. Customizer Settings
Archive Post Layout This sets how blog posts are laid out on the homepage and archive pages.
Homepage Slider Category Here you can select the category used for the Homepage Slider.
Featured Categories Here you can add and rearrange the categories displayed in the third column on the homepage. Sidebars
Chronicle has 3 optional sidebars. They will only display if they contain widgets.
The footer sidebar is on all pages. The right-hand sidebar is on all pages except the full-width page template. The left-hand sidebar is displayed on the homepage, blog posts, and regular pages.
Chronicle has 2
Custom Page Templates. These can be used as different layouts for your websites pages, or as a Custom Front Page.
Full Width - this lets you display your page content full width, with no sidebar.
Contributors - this page displays a list of all the people who have published content on your blog. Standard Features
- Add a logo to make your site your own. Site Logo
- Select your best content to appear in a Slider or other special area on the homepage. Featured Content
- Continuously loading content to encourage your readers to stick around. Infinite Scroll
- Display links to your social media channels. Social Menu
- Display comments from your users/ customers showing how much your product/ service benefits them. Testimonials
- Search Engine Optimization to improve your sites rankings. SEO
- Change the design of your front page to make it exactly as you want. Custom Front Page
- Tweak the fonts and colours on your site without touching any code. Custom Colours and Fonts
- Resizes all of your images to fit the thumbnails used. Image Resizing (Photon)
- Edit the CSS on your website. Custom CSS
- Add a simple contact form to your website or blog. Contact Form
- Image thumbnails for your blog posts and pages. Featured Images
- View your theme in your native language. Localization
- Display content, related to the current blog post, to give your readers something to look at next. Related Content
- Display social buttons that encourage readers to share your content. Social Sharing Buttons
- Different page layouts for static WordPress pages. Custom Page Templates
- Edit site settings and get a live preview of the changes. Customizer
- Show and hide widgets on different pages according to rules you set Widget Visibility
- Demo content to help you get started with your theme. Theme Demo Content
- Keeping your users safe. GDPR and Theme Privacy Chronicle has the following translations included:
French, Icelandic, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Lithuanian, Norwegian, Persian, Portuguese, Romanian, Swedish
10.7.4 - 15th May 2019
Add font display swap to Google Font loading, to increase font display speed.
Make paragraph, list, and blockquote margins consistent in blog posts.
10.7.3 - 5th January 2019
Fix position of portfolio & page featured image.
10.7.2 - 20th November 2018
Improve typography on small screens to make it more readable (less oversized text).
10.7.1 - 18th November 2018
Improve consistency of page layout and spacings to make website feel more complete.
Fix display of featured image on single posts and pages (so that it doesn't have a right margin).
Reduce the height of the page on mobile by reducing the margin between widgets when they are stacked vertically.
Simplify browser prefixes.
10.7 - 27th June 2018
Increase size of featured image so that it can fill the entire width of the featured content space. Uses the same ratio (and size is fixed with css) so existing layouts will not change.
Add option to enable featured images on single blog posts.
10.6 - 25th May 2018
Fix display of the cookie consent checkbox in the comments form.
10.5 - 1st April 2018
Make credits editable in the customizer (.org only).
10.4.2 - 28th January 2018
Improve css browser prefixes.
10.4.1 - 30th November 2017
Improve display of full blog posts on archive pages when using Jetpack content options.
10.4 - 1st November 2017
Add setting to allow featured content to be displayed on the homepage only/ on all pages as happens currently.
10.3.1 - 1st October 2017
Add footer credits filter to allow footer credits to be edited through custom plugin.
10.3 - 20th July 2017
Add support for Jetpack content options to allow altering of some website content.
Includes support for adding the Author Bio on single blog posts.
10.2.6 - 16th July 2017
Minor tweaks to css styles to improve readability
10.2.5 - 5th July 2017
Small css tweaks to improve design consistency
10.2.4 - 18th April 2017
Update content_width to ensure post content is sized correctly.
10.2.3 - 31st October 2016
Make attachment pages display in the loop so that content and excerpts display correctly
Tweak attachment page display to be more attractive (improve whitespace)
10.2.2 - 12th September 2016
tweak word-wrap css
fix attachment page layout
fix size of attachment image so that it better fills the space
remove css box-shadow prefixes
10.2.1 - 1st August 2016
tweak css styles for site logo and featured category column
10.2 - 16 July 2016
Tidy codes and more sanitization
Improve responsive styles so that column layout works properly on lower resolution devices.
10.1 - 26 May 2016
Tweak responsive styles so that they start earlier, which means they work on an ipad. This improves the menu usage on tablets.
bump version again, to avoid clashes with .org version
Improve responsive behavior of social menu
Add next and previous arrows to post navigation
Improve the slider so that it scales better on small screens
Remove wp_title() (no longer needed since Broadsheet uses
add_theme_support( 'title-tag' ))
Update version number
various css improvements
Please note: Unfortunately we are unable to offer support or help with theme customizations. For more info on Customization services please go to our Theme Customization page.
Close Feedback Panel
We'd love to get some feedback to help us create better themes.
Close Search Form
Search Pro Theme Design...