A responsive theme designed for writers who want to write. Stripped back to the minimum — it’s designed to work well on all internet-enabled devices.
Documentation for WordPress.com is available here.
Kent has the following translations included:
Azerbaijani, French, Hindi, Japanese, Portuguese, Romanian, Swedish
1.7.2 - 22nd August 2018
- Add an intermediate size for responsive post titles to improve long post title display on medium screens.
1.7.1 - 18th August 2018
- Improve responsive behaviour for very long post titles.
1.7 - 25th May 2018
- Fix display of the cookie consent checkbox in the comments form.
1.6.1 - 28th January 2018
- Improve css browser prefixes.
1.6 - 13th July 2017
- Remove include for inc/wpcom.php, since it's automatically included by WordPress.com sites
1.5 - 13th June 2017
- Improve white space, and text readability
- Improve header size and position on archive pages (in particular responsively)
- Adjust empty search results layout to not have multiple h1's
- Make image attachment page title consistent with all the others :)
1.4.2 - 12th April 2017
- Make iframes work better in sidebars - in particular for social widgets. They will now scale more nicely on small screens.
1.4.1 - 13th September 2016
- tweak word wrap properties to make them behave a little nicer.
- remove css box shadow prefixes
1.4 - 9 June 2016
- use core function - the_archive_description - on archive pages
- add code to help with default sizing for social media widgets
- more improvements to coding standards and code appearance
1.3 - 30 May 2016
- Improve coding standards (lots of files changed but little actual functionality)
- Minor css changes
- Fix issue with image attachments
- Make infinite scroll work on author archive pages
- change search archive pagination so it only shows when there are search results
- tweak the menu drawer so that sub menu items are easier to interact with
- tweak typography - in particular line heights and margins - so it works better on smaller screens
- fix bug with mobile devices and image sizes that caused images to shrink more than neccessary on small screens
- CSS Tweaks and Improvements
- Update urls for documentation etc
- remove kent_numeric_pagination and replace with WP core function
- update the theme to meet wp.com theme review standards, and to ensure it's making the best use of WordPress functionality
- Various CSS improvements
Please note: Unfortunately we are unable to offer support or help with theme customizations. For more info on Customization services please go to our Theme Customization page.
We'd love to get some feedback to help us create better themes.